This week on the Young Performer Summer Series, we’re featuring rising star soprano Amelia Wawrzon!
Melbourne-born soprano Amelia Wawrzon is an Emerging Artist with Melbourne Opera and Opera Scholars Australia and recent recipient of a major prize in the prestigious Joan Sutherland and Richard Bonynge Bel Canto Award. She graduated from her Master of Music (Opera Performance) degree at the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music at the age of 22 and has already studied and performed six major operatic roles, including Mozart’s Pamina and Susanna as well as Puccini’s Lauretta and Poulenc’s Sister Constance. As a young performer she appeared in the QANTAS “I Still Call Australia Home” Ad campaign and was a soloist at the Boxing Day Test. Amelia has also performed with the Melbourne Welsh Male Choir, Austral Salon of Music and Victorian Opera.
- Poulenc: Les chemins de l’amour
- Liszt: Oh,quand je dors
- Delibes: Les filles de Cadix
- Rimsky-Korsakov: The Nightingale and the Rose
- Schubert: Ave Maria
- Mozart: “Deh vieni, non tardar” from Le Nozze di Figaro
- Gounod: “Ah! Je veux vivre” from Roméo et Juliette
- Puccini: “Quando Me’n Vo” from La Bohème
- Puccini: “O Mio Babbino Caro” from Giani Schicchi
- Bellini: “O rendetemi la speme…Qui la voce…Vien, diletto” from I Puritani
Hear Amelia perform live-to-air tonight! Tune in at 7pm on 103.5FM, stream live at 3mbs.org.au or catch up later on our podcast.